Essentials of hazardous materials management
The Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management
The RMC-CHMM actively supports environmental professionals in Colorado and Wyoming by providing environmental training and professional development opportunities. The RMC has held numerous Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management (EHMM) courses along the Colorado Front Range in Pueblo, Colorado Springs and Denver. The EHMM is the premier review course for the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM) 1) Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), and 2) Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner (CHMP) certifying examination.
The 2018 EHMM course will be held April 23, 24, and 25, 2018
Location: LT Environmental, Inc., 4600 W. 60th Avenue, Arvada, CO 80003
(Please do not contact LT Environmental for information about the course, see contact below);
Cost $725; includes annual 8 hr HAZWOPER Certification.
Download the 2018 RMC EHMM Registration Form.
EHMM is a key AHMP educational program and covers a broad range of environmental, health, safety and security topics. It is designed as a review course for attendees taking the CHMM® certifying examination. Additionally, those who already have earned the CHMM®designation can take Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management (EHMM) to obtain 24 Certification Maintenance Points (CMPs). The EHMM course also qualifies as 24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for professional licensing recertification.
The EHMM is designed as a broad introduction to the industry and provides instruction about laws and regulations as well as technologies and practices. It highlights topics and information hazardous materials managers need to know to better perform their jobs. The EHMM course is hosted by AHMP chapters and taught by CHMMs. It also is available as a corporate training program.
The EHMM is endorsed by the United States Department of Energy’s National Environmental Training Office.
- The statutory and regulatory framework of environmental and hazardous materials management.
- Compliance Standards and State-of-the-Art work practices on:
- Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage and Disposal;
- Hazardous Materials Storage;
- Radioactive materials;
- Workplace safety;
- Cleanup; and
- Hazards assessment and communication;
- Basic and applied hazardous materials management principles, controls and concepts
- Science and technology of hazardous materials management:
- Chemical and physical characteristics;
- Sampling and analysis;
- Biological effects of hazardous materials;
- Toxicology; and
Past RMC EHMM Courses
- LT Environmental, Arvada, CO 2016, 2017
- Weston Solutions, Lakewood, CO, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Red Rocks Community College, Lakewood, CO, 2002, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012
- EPA Region 8 Office, Denver CO, 2008
- Pueblo Community College, Pueblo, CO, 2007
- Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO 2003
New Information on the CHMM Certification Exam
The Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM) offers an on-line certifying exam held at approved test centers For more information on the certification process, visit the IHMM website.
You must submit an application to IHMM at least six weeks prior to the time you intend to take the exam.